1st Sept 1923 - Walsall’s Picture House partially destroyed by a fire. The cinema was rebuilt during 1924 and re-opened at the end of December 1924. During the closure, Provincial Cinematograph Theatres ordered a Wurlitzer theatre organ for installation at the cinema.
1st Dec 1924 - Wurlitzer opus number 956 was dispatched from the Wurlitzer factory in North Tonawanda.
Dec 1924 - The organ was shipped across the Atlantic from New York to Southampton on-board S.S. Mauretania.
Jan 1925 - The organ was installed at Walsall’s Picture House
26th January 1925 - The organ gave its first public performance with Jack Courtnay at the console.